Joseph Ferraris Phone: (973) 383-3812
Leah Korver Phone: (973) 383-1692
View your Taxes Online
click here to view taxes online
Tax Payment Information
- Tax payments should be sent to: Hampton Township, c/o Leah Korver, 1 Rumsey Way, Newton, NJ 07860, or you may drop off your tax payments at the Hampton Township Municipal Building during the tax collection hours. Checks should be made payable to "Hampton Township". Please include all tax stubs for taxes you are paying and a return envelope for any papers you wish returned.
- Taxes are due February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1 of each year. Taxes not paid by November 11 are subject to tax sale.
- Hampton Township does permit a 10 day grace period.
- Please be advised that the State of New Jersey does not allow the Tax Collector to acknowledge postmarks when you mail your tax payment, therefore, taxes must be received in the office on or before the 10th of the month taxes are due.
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt you from paying your taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes.
- Tax Collector is not responsible for any tax payment that is lost through the mailing process. If by chance your taxes get lost in the mail, you are still responsible for the tax payment and any interest incurred. You may check the status of your taxes online or call the tax collector to check to make sure your tax payment has been received.
TAXPAYERS PLEASE BE AWARE!
It has come to the attention of the Sussex County Board of Taxation that there is false solicitation being distributed throughout Sussex County in the form of a pink postcard. For more information please click here.
Please be advised that we have advertised for requests for proposals for a Revaluation Service Contract, which will be accepted on May 24th, 2012. Sussex County has ordered Hampton Township to perform a tax revaluation as required by law which is expected to begin in June of this year. Once a bid proposal has been selected, that appraisal company will inform us of the next steps in this process. The Township will update you once we have more information. In the meantime for general information about the revaluation process, please click the following link: http://www.amanj.org/documents/DivofTax/Reval_FAQ.pdf
Systems Website: http://www.asinj.com/
very informative revaluation power-point presentation: http://www.asinj.com/revaluation/power-point.htm
To view the letter from Appraisal Systems that was mailed out to residents, please click here.